Name:
Location: Austin, Texas

Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. -Mark Twain *note that all the events noted in this blog actually occurred but might be slightly over exaggerated to enhance the story as the author sees fit.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Here is to almost having a perfect night

Do you know what I love about bowling the most? Bowling requires total concentration and forces you to change throughout the evening. You may start out with one shot but by the end of the night you will have to change and move because the lanes change. The oil dries up and moves and you have to adjust.

To have any success in bowling you have to be able to do the same motion over and over. I dont know if you have ever tried to do the same exact motion over and over but its really hard. Especially, when you nerves start going and you start thinking to much. Is the lane starting to dry up? Should I move over now? Maybe I should stay in my spot and just throw the ball a little harder? All these questions are in my head constantly throughout the night. Well, those and there is always the constant....dont throw the ball in the gutter!

I have a tendency to have a great game going and then throw a gutterball. I havent dont it in a long while but that was my theme for last season. Four strikes in a row! I guess its time for a gutterball!

Last night I Didnt find my shot until the 5th frame and by then it was too late to salvage my first game. Normally we get there early and I am able to bowl a couple practice games on another lane and just get warmed up but because yesterday was Brads birthday we were late getting there and I missed what little practice there was so I started out slow and had a crappy first game as the result.

My games were 158, 241, 256. So after the 5th frame I started to strike and I kept striking. All those questions kept going through my head but last night I somehow managed to keep the ball on the lane and bowl well. I had a 655 series and thats the 3 600 series i have had in the last 4 weeks. Things are looking good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

i think i would enjoy this post more if i had any idea about bowling...or what a 600 series was...but i am proud of you nonetheless!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Brendon said...

the lanes don't dry up on my wii...not that i ever really thought about bowling that intensively but it makes sense...

10:42 AM  
Blogger tshirtguy said...

Ya but playing on your Wii is tough too because levels of sobriety change.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

you know james, not EVERYONE drinks when they play video games

5:32 AM  
Blogger tshirtguy said...

Very true but that is the only way to make Wii bowling fun.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home