Name:
Location: Austin, Texas

Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. -Mark Twain *note that all the events noted in this blog actually occurred but might be slightly over exaggerated to enhance the story as the author sees fit.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just Keep it to yourself

Until last week I was eating in a state of blissful ignorance and it was wonderful. You may not have known this but I will go ahead and enlighten you. Somebody somewhere did a special on TV about a study that was done by someone else about how no one washes the lemons that are cut up and used to flavor your tap water at a restaurant. Apparently they run these lemons through the trash before they cut them up and stick them in my ice tea or water and people are getting sick from them.

Its kind of ridiculous because I am the type of guy who would normally do the 5 second rule on just about any food but for some reason now I cant enjoy my drink with a lemon in it. My mind starts to imagine crazy things that could be on the lemon and ever since Nick gave me the amazing talk about just how long it takes bacteria to grow on most of our food I dont eat leftovers either.

So I just wanted to give a big thanks to nick and Gi for ruining the small things in life that I enjoyed.

Anyone else have anything to add?

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

i LOVE that you posted about this! i have been thinking about it nonstop since she told us that! and i told my whole family this last weekend at outback and we sent our waters back because they had put the lemons in the cup instead of sticking it on the side.

i am going to die from a lemon in my water...i just know it.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ouch said...

beer makes you fat

7:21 PM  
Blogger tshirtguy said...

Ouch - Great! Thanks for that. Next you're going to tell me that Tea gives you cancer.

Just ruin all of the food i love.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

woah, i just read that online!! tea DOES give you cancer! especially if you drink copious amount of it every day...sorry :(

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home